Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Luck of the Irish

Lucky is certainly a word to describe how I have been feeling these past few weeks. Not sure that his has anything to do with my Irish heritage, but I'll take it all the same. I was listening to a piece on NPR the other day talking about the Potato Famine in Ireland and the horrors that many of my ancestors went through in their country and the struggles they overcame to make it to the states. It makes you realize that life is short, it's very precious, and you should live each day as the very best version of yourself. I have gain a lot of strength through my heritage and today, St. Patrick's Day, I am celebrating the unbelievably lucky life I have been given. Thank you to my mom, formerly Patty Callahan, and my grandparent's John and Anna Callahan, rest your souls, for passing me your strength through the generations. I don't intend to waste a lick of it another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment