Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Calgon Take Me Away!

This week at the office has been beyond challenging. Lots of work, little time and much travel on the horizon. Other than really wanting a glass of wine and not having one as I gave it up for Lent, I STRANGELY have not experienced my normal must-eat-everything-fried reaction to stress. I literally sat on my porch last night wondering if I had some weird disease (of course I wondered that, not sure if diet ever controls hypochondria) that would have caused such a HUGE behavioral change. But then I stepped back and realized that I have NEVER gone this long on a lifestyle change plan without caving...and that maybe there is some truth to the tale that 21 days makes a habit. In my case, it's been way more than 21 days without putting crap into my body! No drive-thrus, no candy, no junk, just whole foods. Huh. I guess I might have to get used to the fact that I am really going to make this happen. Well done me! (That was annoying I know. But sue me, I'm proud of myself.)

No comments:

Post a Comment