Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Post Holiday Cooking

As much cooking as I do during the Holiday's, rarely is any of it healthy. And you know what? THAT'S FINE. Thanksgiving and Christmas require butter in my opinion, and they only come once a year. Having said that, while I'm on vacation this week I will be engaging in some healthier, but equally delicious fare. A few winter soups, a fabulous Pesto Halibut recipe as well as some smoothies to try out my Christmas present to myself - a Vitamix! (Thank you, QVC Easy Pay.) I am also one of those weird people that love kale so there will definitely be some homemade sea salt and cayenne kale chips on the menu. Everything has a cleansing theme to it but nothing over the top (I am way too chicken to try one of the major juice cleanses). I am exploring a new goal this week - to eat seasonally and locally. We will see how it goes! It might be something to add to the list for 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment