Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

West Bound and Desert Down




PR hits the road tomorrow for Scottsdale, AZ. While it's a trip for work, there is something extremely special about the desert. Yes it's summer and the temps are spiking at 110, but the dry air is actually a refreshing change from the damp, close summer air in the South. Packing is always a challenge and even more so when your wardrobe is transitional, but I have found the following staples to be invaluable for journey's near and far...
  • Patterned Jersey Wrap Dress: I have come to LOVE a good wrap dress as I shed pounds. They last for at least two sizes and travel impeccably well. My go to is a black and white number by Maggy London. Sassy meets comfy.
  • Cotton Cardis/V-neck Ts: Perfect for a chilly plane ride or an over-air-conditioned meeting room, these two basics have become a staple for me this summer. Interestingly enough, I have splurged on the cardigans, pricey on sale at J Crew, but the quality of the cotton holds its shape much better than the bargain ones at Target or Old Navy. Their vintage cotton Ts are also a great buy and last through many a wash. This trip it's a mint green number with a few patterned Ts.
  • Cotton Pencil Skirt: This basic, purchased at Target in multiple colors, is a must have. While the sizes run small, at $22.99 you can replenish as you lose weight and, once more, they travel like a dream. This trip it's basic black to mix and match.
  • Nude Pumps: My new favorite basic goes with everything (mine are Tahari from DSW) and are great for travel. I also carry a pair if nude patent flats from Steven Madden for the plane. It's all you need for the whole trip outside your workout sneakers.
  • Statement Necklace: I invested in the Black Bubble Necklace from JCrew and never looked back. I wear it often, with every color combo and it always makes me feel glamorous. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment