Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Travel + Mindful Eating = Success

Camelback Mountain in Scottsdale

PR is back from a whirlwind 3 days in Scottsdale, AZ. Soaring temps surpassing 110 and a jam packed work summit made for an intense trip but one thing I am proud of is the fact I can now travel and not worry about gaining weight! I lost 1.4 lbs this week (breaking through a plateau) and I owe it all to mindful eating. Most venues are much better about having healthier options on hand and I lucked out with a plethora of fresh fruit, veggies and Mexican inspired meals that kept it light. I also avoid cocktails during work events, smart for the waistline and the career image. My other fail safe is to have high quality organic nuts and protein bars on hand throughout my journey. That means I am never stuck with an unhealthy choice. Even airports have gotten WAY better at installing food options outside greasy burgers and fries. (On the way home through Salt Lake International I enjoyed a small Pinkberry fro-yo with fresh raspberries and pineapple - what a treat! ) The more I live this new life of mine the more I wonder how I managed to live through my old one. I would not trade this feeling of health and wellness for anything. Another gift I've discovered on my road to revival.

No comments:

Post a Comment