Pages

Monday, August 26, 2013

The New Favorites


A lot of people assume I have been depriving myself since January as I whittle away at my weight loss goal. NOT the case. These past few months I have incorporated my favorites in a smart, moderated way while cultivating new favorites I never expected to crave as much as a burger and fries.

Favorite #1 - Goodies from the Farmers Market: Top left is a gorgeous bounty my staff gave me for my birthday. I absolutely adore eating fresh, seasonal food and a burst of color from a farm bouquet is a mood booster.

Favorite #2 - The Occasional Cocktail: Top right is a chilly, delicious shot of my beloved cocktail, The Cosmopolitan. This one from Almond in Manhattan was perfection! The vodka is low in calories and is virtually guilt free for the occasional indulgence. I don't skimp on the vodka choice, top shelf all the way. (Belvedere if its available!)

Favorite #3 - Green Power Salad: One of the very first recipes I posted on PR this salad (bottom right) is a staple in my diet. Incorporating both seasonal and non-seasonal goodies (avocado is a must) I have served this for family and guests alike to rave reviews. Healthy, satisfying and guaranteed to boost your energy.

Favorite #4 - Good, GOOD coffee: Nothing replaces a solid cup of Joe. The one above I enjoyed at my birthday dinner at BLT Steak in Charlotte. Just a dash of raw sugar and a swipe of lemon zest and all is right with the world. At home I invested in a top notch coffee maker and good beans for every day. Nothing like starting your morning with a delicious boost.

No comments:

Post a Comment