Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Social Sass – A Healthy App-etite!

Weight Watchers, Blogger and Fitness Buddy Apps


Whether it’s the people or the technology, so much of my success has been made possible by the support I get through social media. Whether it’s an app, blog or good old fashioned Facebook, my social sustenance must meet one important nutritional criterion: ACCESSIBILITY.

We all have busy lives. Even though I am single (many folks think that makes life easier for some reason) I have a 60 hour work week, school, travel, elderly parents that need lots of help and work hard each day to maintain my new, healthy lifestyle. This means I cannot be tied to tools that require me to be at my desk to use. Healthy apps to the rescue! I have 3 favorites (pictured above)…

Weight Watchers Mobile: This app allows me to track my food and exercise, look up recipes, restaurant information and even has cheat sheets for comparing cocktail choices! I can track on the road, at work, at play and even at home if I don’t feel like logging on to my laptop. Weight Watchers also developed a clever reader app that scans any food with a barcode and shares the needed program information. 

Fitness Buddy: This app allows you to select from hundreds of exercises and workouts no matter your fitness level. Complete with pics and video, it’s a personal trainer and motivator all packed into one app. Starting a workout can be a daunting task but this app made it easy for me to get started and has kept me going as I travel from work to home to ever present work conferences. 

Blogger Mobile: Not sure why it took me so long to download this little gem, but I used to think I could only blog at home while on my laptop. Feeling chained to a desk, even one as lovely as the one in my home office, limited the time I had available for sharing updates and ideas. As of last week, I am obsessed with this app. Granted it’s not as glamorous to negotiate as the full screen version, but it gives me a great outlet to post from anywhere the spirit moves me. 

If you’re interested in finding more healthy apps you can fit into your social world, check out this article from Forbes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment