Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Add / Drop Installment 5

Add: Grown-up Skin Care Routine
Drop: Wash-N-Go Routine

In an overdue installment of Add/Drop, I am so excited to share that FINALLY, at age 41, I have a grown-up skin care routine. I've always had great skin and I will own that in my 20's and 30's I had to do very little to keep in that way. I had never been a sun worshiper, no issues with acne, and all I really needed was a quick wash, maybe a smidgen of moisturizer and out the door. Almost like a light switch, my skin really changed when I hit 40. It got drier, crankier and far duller. I tried some of the off the shelf drug store brands and nothing really worked. I finally decided to invest some dollars in conjunction with an amazing product by Neutrogina recommended by a plastic surgeon friend of mine and WOW. What a difference a month makes! Here's what I've added...

Day: A quick wash with Cetaphil liquid soap and then add Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream with sunscreen SPF 15 - $12.99 at drugstores everywhere. A pearl-size amount over your face in a few weeks you will notice skin that is VISIBLY glowing and ultra soft. Thank you Dr. Mike Reilly, bestie and plastic surgeon extraordinaire for the recommend.

Night: This is where I invested some cash. After a quick wash with Neutrogena Foaming Face Wash to rinse away the day's make-up, I toss in a liberal application of Bobbi Brown EXTRA Repair Moisturizing Balm. The price tag on this baby is $93, but it is worth EVERY CENT. The lush, herbal scent, ultra rich texture and bounty of anti-aging goodies leads to a morning face that is soft as a baby's butt and truly glowing. If I have to resort to a "will-work-for-balm" tactic to keep this in my arsenal for years to come I have no problem with that.

Eyes: One product day and night, also from my girl Bobbi Brown. Her EXTRA Eye Repair Cream is as yummy as her other products. Just a dab around the eyes day and night and my dark circles and fine lines are slowly becoming a thing of the past. $69 but a little goes a long way, this jar will last you 6 months at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment