Pages

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Snowy Afternoons in the South...

Are amazing for watching old movies, cooking healthy soups and all around relaxing! This week has been all about detox. Detox from sugar, fast food and alcohol. Since Monday I have been a straight arrow and even made it through Valentine's Day without a single ounce of candy. I've also pushed past the sugar withdrawal headaches and my cravings have been minimal. I have not felt this good in a very long time. It feels a little too good to be true! Though I suppose when you stop pushing crap into your mouth at the speed of sound there's no where to go but up.

A couple of switches along the way to report: I signed up for Weight Watchers Online. I know, I know, I touted the benefits of Web MD's Food and Fitness Tracker, but all of the iPhone apps and ease of use seduced me to join for free with a deep discount on the first 3 months. So far it is WELL worth the expenditure and I finally feel like I am making good progress! Been reading "It Starts With Food" along with some other interesting reads like Sally Fallon's "Nourishing Traditions". It's amazing how little I knew about food before I started this journey! I get on the scale on Monday so finger's crossed it's been a good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment