Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2014

Failure is not in the falling down, but the staying down...


The 2014 Holidays

Well folks, it's been one hell of a few months and a whirlwind holiday season. I've experienced some of the greatest joys and some of the most stressful events in my life this past year and I gotta be honest, I wouldn't trade them in. From a new job, fabulous friends, new family and rapidly aging parents, it's been a roller coaster ride.

Full disclosure...over the past few months I have let the stress get to me and, as a result, I meandered off the road to revival (to the tune of weight gain and happiness loss).  Alas, I learned a thing or two on my detour. Mostly that failure is part of life, part of living well. Just when you think you're invincible and no man, no cheeseburger can take you down, you get knocked on your ass. You let the needs of others overshadow the needs of self and in the process, you lose sight of your goals. The beauty, is that at at time, at any moment of your choosing, you can hit the road again. And that's what PR is doing.

I'm looking forward to the second leg of my journey even more than the first. A little humility goes a long way toward sweetening success, and I can't wait to see what the coming months bring.


No comments:

Post a Comment