Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Belt Way


Animal Print Belt from Banana Republic. On it's way to my closet as we speak!

Pushing past the mental challenges of weight loss for a moment, transitioning from size to size can also be a challenge for your wallet. I've come to find that, give or take, every 10 lbs is a size. Now, if I were made of money or had the luxury of a sugar daddy, I would gleefully replace my wardrobe with each transition. I am neither CLEARLY so I have learned to rely upon a girl's best friend during weight loss...the Belt. Yup, the Belt. 

I used to HATE belts. Mostly because when I was heavier I didn't want to call any attention to my non-existent waistline. However, I have found they come in quite handy in lengthening the life of my clothes from size to size. Have a dress that's a bit too baggy? A sassy belt looped around the waist takes it from frumpy to fab in no time. Pants sagging? A stylish belt not only holds them up but gives them that Annie Hall look that seems to be making a comeback. The belts themselves will last quite a while and can always be taken to a cobbler to add an extra hole or trim off some length. Don't break the bank either - I shop Target, Marshall's or if I am feeling the need for a new classic, my old standby Banana Republic. And don't forget about our friends at Goodwill or your local vintage store. Great prices and a virtual guarantee no one else will be seen on your Belt Way.


No comments:

Post a Comment