Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Let's try this again, shall we?

I do believe this will be time number 3 with kick-starting my blogging efforts here at Project Revive. (I am hoping that the 3rd time is truly the charm!) As we roll into 2013 I think back on why I started this blog and the whole idea around a my personal revival. Hoping to lead a healthier life, a happier life, a more harmonious balance between work and life. Various factors have held me back...time, lack of willpower, stress, life, distractions of a varying nature. And let's not forget waiting for that PERFECT occasion to start blogging. Pushing that all aside, there doesn't seem to be a more perfect time than a random Wednesday, the first one after Christmas, to relaunch PR. 

What are my goals this time around? As humiliating and humbling as some of them are, I am going to go ahead and list them here because if I don't cement some digital accountability we may be looking at kick-start number 4, 5, 6 or 7 before I get my act together! I also reserve the right to add to this goal list as the year goes on and inspiration strikes...

  • Give a shit. Not entirely eloquent but a sound goal. What do I mean by give a shit? I mean CARE. Care what I look like, care what I put in my body, care about myself as I care for others. Not in a nauseating selfish way, in a way that leads to a healthier, happier life. I will need some help here, but I have some very talented friends in the wings that I will be calling upon. Hopefully they answer as lord knows I have not been the most visible of friends during 2011 and 2012!
  • Drop it like it's hot. I know it's prosaic this time of year, but I HAVE to drop a significant amount of weight. This is according to my health care practitioners AND according to how I feel. Basically like an 80 year old trapped in a 41 year old's body. The goal is 80lbs, a Herculean task, but you know what? I have faced bigger demons. 
  • Take this show on the road. I used to travel all over the world as a child and a teenager. Not for work, but for pleasure and because at that time I lived overseas where it was an imperative. I miss the adventure. I am committing to at least 6 trips in 2013 - they won't all be epic, but this time next year WHEN I reach my goals, there will be a big one. Stay tuned for details.
  • Move.My.Ass. I have literally been fantasizing about running. Exercising. That HAS to mean something. No more paying for a gym I don't go to. No more hitting snooze for an hour each morning as I rationalize not working out because I need my sleep. I've slept enough. Time to move. 
So! Let's use the above as a solid diving board into the new year. I promise myself and whomever may follow this that I will post as often as I can and that I will do my level best to have fun along the way. Thanks in advance for your support! 

No comments:

Post a Comment