Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Add / Drop

I have an alarming amount of bad habits. I won't bore you by listing them all here, but a wise person in my life recently gave me a great piece of advice. When embarking upon a series of changes, the key to success is not feeling like you're giving everything up that you love. (Granted, some of the things I love are not good for me, but you get the idea) It's really about embracing the concept of Add/Drop. If you're going to drop a bad habit then add a new and healthier habit to take it's place. For example, is your bad habit sitting on your ass all weekend? Drop the sedentary and add some active. Take long walk each weekend or journey somewhere new for coffee and the Sunday newspaper. Seems simple enough right? Some may say you run the risk of trading one addiction for another when it comes to adding things like hitting the gym to combat "couch potato syndrome" or buying a new lip gloss instead of a cheeseburger. But lets be honest -I'm not here because I buy too many lip glosses or miss out on life events in favor of the treadmill. I think I'll add a few new things to my repertoire and see where it takes me! Stay tuned for Add/Drop updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment