Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Live From our Nation's Capital!



First and foremost, sincere apologies for the pregnant pause since my last post! I’ve been traveling non-stop for work so things have been a little nutty with work and school. With that out of the way, I just spend an amazing weekend re-connecting with my former hometown, Washington DC. To say it was a blast would be a profound understatement! 

Beyond visiting some of my favorite places I had an amazing meal with a dear friend at a restaurant called Elizabeth's Gone Raw. A swanky, raw, vegan restaurant on L Street just past 14th Street, dinner was one of my top 10 dining experiences. For those of you unfamiliar with the raw food movement, it features unprocessed vegan foods that are never cooked over 115 degrees Fahrenheit. Those loyal to the movement believe that cooking above these temps causes foods to lose their enzymes and much of their nutritional value. Conversely, raw foods are rich in living enzymes and, believe it or not, COMPLETELY delicious. The meal featured a 5 course tasting menu with delicious treats like almond pot stickers, celery and apple sorbet, zucchini pasta with raw, rye bread croutons and a cashew, raw chocolate tart for dessert. All accompanied by an organic wine pairing. Yum-O!

I also had a chance to catch up with one of my best girlfriends at Baked & Wired in Georgetown. A foodie bakery favorite, I sipped on an exotic bean cappuccino and nibbled on a cheddar jalapeño biscuit all while chatting it up in the warm winter sun. People watching and conversational perfection! While I love Charlotte, I have yet to find a place like this that offers such a funky flare to its neighborhood constituents. One in a million for sure!

More to come on the visit this week, but I will leave you with this…road trip, fun and friends and I still lost 2.5 lbs. Yeah, I’m that good.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Patty! I am completely unfamiliar with the raw food movement so I actually learned alot about it from you. You also made it fun with you easy going style. The food sounds great, especially the raw chocolate tart and apple sorbet. I am not a great cook or baker, but I was drawn to your posting because of your title and the photos. Keep up the sharing when you can. You sound like your having fun when you can on the road even if it is for business!

    ReplyDelete