Pages

Monday, October 7, 2013

Social Sass - Accountability Anyone?



One of my favorite things about blogging, and reading other blogs that inspire me, is the sense of accountability putting something in writing installs in a situation. Sure you can delete or edit or whatever other form of digital cover-up you might wish to perform, but truth be told once you’re out there with something? You’re out there. That thought used to really scare me, and if I am being even more honest, held me back from blogging for a long time. Don’t believe me? Here’s a sampling of neurotic thoughts that ran through my head when I tried to convince myself not to start this journey…

What if I fail along the road to my goal?
What if I don’t have time to blog for a week? Two weeks?
What if nobody reads the damn thing?
What if someone DOES read it and I say something that pisses them off?

The truth is all of the above HAS happened along my road to revival and I have survived. Social media has given me support and held me accountable in a way doing this in the dark never could. The beauty of it is we’re all in the same boat when it comes to social fear! My favorite bloggers go a few days without checking in, some of them even share ideas I don’t agree with and they are still going strong. They’re out there with it for better or for worse and I learn something each day from them. I have a handful of favorites like What I Wore that keep me inspired, and I always try and support friends who share their hopes and dreams like Rock-A-Bye Bradbury. Bottom line, I am so proud I took the leap and started this little blog despite my fears. Accountability is a true social force for good. Here’s hoping more of us take the leap.

No comments:

Post a Comment